Saturday, August 8, 2009

My head...spinning.....

Spent almost 11hours in church today..uth conference 09.

The workshops were good. Not great since it wasn't like a whole day about it..short and simple..
It's good for me....its like to always keep on reminding myself...especially for the leadership workshop....even if i've had sooo many talks on this..i guess i chose it so that i could remind myself of what a leader is to be. Recalled people i look up to.

Mr D....i miss him. The crazy scary workshop during the night at leadership camp last year. Fuh! What a terrible yet awesome-heart beating experience! And the last verse mentioned during the workshop today on the washing of Jesus' feet...brings back memories of camp...How leaders are to have a servant heart....yup...great reminder...=)

After hours, i got kinda restless?? haha...it's like i didn't feel like i was in church but some building for a conference...walked all over...refill water...haha...Joanna and Sanam thought i was loosing it already...so thats why i went to talk to other people instead of them hehehe....

The night rally was awesome. amazing. And here's where my title comes to meaning...
I've never never felt this way. It's not a God-given feeling thing but my own thoughts. What Pastor Daniel Ross said this evening....after thinking about it, i felt even more scared. The more people i saw walk up for the altar call, i couldn't hold my thoughts together. I was scared. Its so...unexplainable. I knew this was for GOD. The HUGE almighty, wonderful, Sovereign God....and yet i had sooo long to think before i made a move. But i'm glad i did. And because i did, my friend Richard did too.. =)..
I knew if i didn't, i Will regret it...it's just i couldn't stop my head from spinning(not the giddy way) and thinking. Neurons were flying everywhere!! All that was in my head was :

''Would i do it??''
"But its for GOD!!!!!! why am i STILL sitting down??!!"
"Would i really Die for it...."
"What if i go now, but i'm scared i may fall away"
"But if i don't i'll regret it"
"AM I READY FOR 100%?????????????????"
"ALL.......everything"
"The heavy cross. The pain. Suffering."
"sigh.....GOD, forgive me for i am only human who fears"

I guess i went because, i wanted to get myself out of my comfort zone. To challenge myself for this act to haunt me and remind me to be strong. I still have fear. To be honest. But, i know im glad i did it....to just do it. Stop my head from contemplating.

Been a long tiring day. Gotta get up early tomorrow too...*yawns*

*God.....i know you're there. And i know your grace is far more than i can imagine. Compassion more than i would ever feel. Thank You....amazing God..i love You.

3 comments:

Terence said...

Yeap! Agreed with you the conference was really tiring, even though I only came for the second half!

Hope things are well with you, and hopefully you all enjoyed the leadership workshop. There are so many different types of people (in terms of age group) we were wondering how best to share about leadership.

Everything okay with you? As in you thinking about what to do after college?

Lynne said...

Yeah like what you said, no way you can cover the details with just one short session. It was alright. Light, nudging reminder for me. I think the way you both did it was great. Not like a lecture thing since it was a long conference some ppl may get a lil tired already haha

About college. Well, im gonna see a lecturer this wed before noon (hopefully my dad goes with me)..he's pretty reluctant...like "I want you to do the talking"...hmm..
Continue to pray for me kay...i really really hope i'll make the decision this wed..somehow. I'm pretty annoyed having to worry about it constantly...=( its mentally tiring....and sometimes talking about it to people who dont seem to give the right words makes me really uncomfortable. Then i start worrying all over again...kinda feeling...
I think i don't want to transfer from ADP. But i may be at a disadvantage...still, i want to just go on with what ive done...and....im not sure if i can make it for gy camp if i transfer to foundation(which i sooo want to go!!)...haha...i just wish i can stay in ADP and have peace...
I'm renting a lot aren't i? hmm...sorry...but..thanks for listening terence =)

Terence said...

Well, Lynette... will keep you in prayer. Step one is to always make sure you are at peace. Make a decision you are most at peace with, and then leave it to the hands of God.
Just make sure this is a God thing!

Keep me updated and hopefully...you can also join us at mission trip!