Sunday, June 14, 2009

Singh is King!!!!

CAMPORAMA WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A very different kind of camp. I haven't done cheering and yelling for so long..so yea...lots of it..a good thing i didn't shout too much and loose my voice.haha.

Okay i have a feeling this is gonna be a crazy long post..which i am really excited to write about actually...all the nonsense and fun i had..=) sooo here goes.

Reached at the campsite at night just in time for the city night. The deco was really really nice!! The arch and oh my goodness the taj mahal!!! i didn't picture it to be 3D..whoa...was really amazing...Those that did up the whole area...great fantastic job!!!
So almost everyone were in their indian/punjabi outfits...sooo colourful..and there were short drama acts, dance..learnt the cheers and really funny and catchy dance moves.haha. It still felt kinda odd for me since i wasn't in rangers and im Over age in a way that i'm under 'leaders' in camp and not a mere 'camper' kinda thing...still felt out of place a lil' bit..glad Manda was there too...
Okay so what i realized that night :
1. Very nice place for a NS campsite. Lights were nice, lakes, trees but the ground was very stoney (not so good for walking)
2. Long long long walk from a destination to another...looooong...haha
3. Huge canteen area (obviously for NS)
4. Dorm room was for 25 people. Stuffy. No aircond. Outside was cooler.
5. Cold shower!!!!
6. I got the bed at the corner
7. Lots of staircase to walk
8. Soo many people
9. I miss my bed. My comfy bed.
10. Oh i forgot...on the way to campsite, ULU place...like travelling through a forest for ages...

The next day..woke up at 6.45am....breakfast was at 7.30am...cool morning. Since it was a long way to walk to the canteen, Manda and i did our devo on the way...use time wisely. After breakfast, we gathered at the India area and warm up our cheers before morning parade...again, long walk there. The other 3 groups gathered too..different outfits and Australia had a kangaroo mascot suit!!!!! sooo funny!! it kinda looked like a dog from afar because the ears were down...anyway, pastor was there too for the opening ceremony..sunny morning...it's been awhile since i had to be in like a marching kinda position...the last time was...leadership training, 2years ago??
Anyway, the funny part of this whole morning parade was the KANGAROO fainted!! haha...at the end of camp, that was voted the funniest thing that happened. The funny part about that incident was also when he fainted and the first thing that happened was the photographers snap tons of pictures before anyone went to the rescue.hahahahaha...and from that incident, that guy carried a first aid kit everywhere. Some one else wore the suit.

Frisbee game was CHUN!!!!!!!!!!!! waaaahhh it's been soo long since i hear people cheering and screaming their lungs out. The game was so exciting and even under the hot sun. India won!!!!!! yay!!!! The kids played well and enjoyed themselves. Sister's jersey was soo big she stuffed her sleeves up and looked like the 'skinny basketball player'...hahaha.
During city day, i had to help out with the 'India shop'..as a salesperson under the crazy hot weather. But hey i did get people to buy the stuff! Banana milkshake was AWESSOOOMEE. Got to watch some drama going on too...and hear some people screaming down the flying fox. *gulp* but i did tell myself that i will try it once since I'm here already.
Bathing in cold water after sweating like crazy during the day was really really good.
The night rally was good. Something i really miss. I miss the overflowing joy of doing worship, enjoying singing out, and most importantly with the group i did it with in high school. I'm sure victor would have wanted to be here too for this..(right victor??) smiles. Then, Sel7# did a skit..it was really good. They acted very very well. Always when i watch people act, dance and sing, i wonder "why couldn't i do that?? why is it that i have a fear of doing it when i enjoy sooo much when people do it??" i know i wanted to so much but i know that i have missed many of my chances. I've finished high school, quit rangers long time ago, ghm isn't that strong now and i know many times already i have regretted. I want to do these with people close to me. I want to enjoy these things. But right now i have missed sooo much. sigh.
Anyway, the message was good, about being 'positioned to serve' as the theme of camporama09. Then there was the alter call for those who wanted to be used to serve and many went out..manda and i did too.
Up there, i knew in me what i wanted to do. I knew that i had something in me that i needed to let go. I was glad that i got prayed for. Lydia prayed for me and some things she said really touched me. I can't actually remember much but it had hit me. I cried as she held me and i had thoughts going on and on in my head....the people i knew that made my heart heavy, the people whom i've been seeing a lot and yet have not done anything. After she prayed for me, i walked back my seat. The thoughts didn't go away. over and over i felt as if i needed some place to explode. I did consider talking to my friend from another outpost but she may be busy, and it was getting late so i waited for the feeling to fade off. It pretty much did. Manda was there with me so it just went away a lil' bit.

On the 12th, the morning was cool. Misty and all. Great weather. Morning parade went on. Oh there was a really funny act that happened. haha. My friend really is one who can make others laugh and smile though its a mistake, yet he turns it into a blooper kinda thing. I thank God i have a friend like that. Really changes a lot of perspectives.
After the parade, it was photography session!! huge huge group photo..we were all squashed together. Did some cheers and all. Such enthusiasm.
That day, manda and i planned to do canoe-ing and flying fox since we didn't have much time before our duty. So here goes....................the flying fox. Oh my goodness. You know, the irony of the entire experience was that i loved the part where i'm high up in the air where the wind is breezy. The part that i had to struggle with was the CLIMBING of the stairs UP THERE. Seriously. When i was on the way up, manda hadn't come yet so i decided to keep walking (holding railings tight). So many times when i looked up, the were MORE stairs...not fun..no way. But i made it eventually. The moment the guy pushed me OFF the tower thingy, i screamed for a short while...kinda freaky. But hey, the ride was great!!!! yay!! hehe..then manda and i TRIED to walk back up...painful reflexology okay?? not cool. But thank God, we got to hitch a ride up there...lalalala. Then we went canoe-ing...oh my goodness it was hilarious. The lake was huge but we kept hitting the rock on the sides...i was laughing my head off as manda TRIES to move in a different direction. So funny.....instead of stopping the canoe, she held up the ore and LET the canoe hit wherever...hahahahaha...we got wet doing that but yea it was fun...bumped into other canoes too but its not titanic so bother lah..we had to rush for duties after that.
Helping out with flying fox was great!! i learnt how the buckle works and helped many people get it on and got to actually ask them "So how was it? fun?" .That got me to open up to people. It was nice to see others smile and answer with positive things. I had a great time. Near the closing time, the whole bunch of ER guys came. Quite surprised they hadn't do it yet. Earlier that day, a friend held the india flag as he went on the flying fox...sadly, it got stuck on the line and the instructor shook the string till it fell to the ground below hahaha...it would have been kinda cool though. oh well.
So another tiring day...sweaty too.... But all worth it!!! Rally that night was good too. Prayed for the rangers and commanders. Rangers will grow huge and i'm glad for Sel7#, they really are doing a great job...i'm proud of them in a way that they really are committed and enjoy doing it and they are not afraid of being themselves when they need to...watching them doing the skit the night before was really really awesome. The strong bond they have and hopefully will continue to grow in that. So many of them have grown up and become so much involved now. It's really amazing.
During supper i went a lil' high..hahaha...i was pretty tired since it's already the last night of camp. I got manda to play chi ku pak with me...we laughed like crazy...for some weird reason la..then we played the slapping hand game which made our hands red...oooo...haha. Then, a friend from klang was fascinated...or maybe i just made him play since manda didn't want to already. Play kau kau till my hand bengkak. Didn't realize any pain obviously cos i was abit UP THERE. haha..but yea after we finally decided to chill, i had this baby lil' 'bulging out vein'...hahaha...and some lil' spots...but i had fun...last night..fun fun fun..laugh till siao already. We slept about 1 something...not that late...many people were still cheering, playing basketball and laughing everywhere...what a day..what a night...

Next morning was the last morning. Time flew by so fast. There was the award giving and all. The last and best cheering of each outpost. Closing ceremony...there it was. The end of Camporama 2009. wow.
Manda went her own way home. What i knew is that i was gonna be in a bus full of boys...YOUNGER boys. ''Joy''...hahaha..but then, i realized the older girls were also in that bus. Lydia and her friends. Phew. Okay here's the great and forever i will remember ending. The ride home, i got to talk with Lydia. The whole journey. We talked about lots and lots of stuff...similar struggles we shared. The best part of it was that i got to actually let go of what i was keeping inside me during the first night rally. It just came out. I thank God that He has provided me with this new friend to be there..I never talked to her in church before. I knew her friends. Since i was lil', i never talked to her. All i knew was her name. And i'm sooo glad that now i know her personally. I actually told her that i could say "Hi Lydia!!!" the next time i see her in church...it was a blessing..she talked to me about psychology too since it was her 3rd year in it already. Really thank God for the opportunity. He just is really really awesome...so much.
That night, she even told me that she had a feeling that she was led to have a talk with me after praying for me during the rally. And wow....prayers were answered...during that LAST BIT of the journey home...i had peace...everything was worth it...

Camporama was....different. Really was. And i know the amount of tries and prayers i've made just to go and for manda to go...it was all worth it. God really works according to His timing. I got to talk to those i haven't spoke to since i left rangers so long ago and also got to mix around a lil' bit more..now i will recognize more people in church...the experience was great...i wonder if i'll be going for the next camporama...2013...TWENTY-TWO YEARS OLD.....hahaha...we'll see...

1 comment:

Terence said...

Singh Is King: Hi Lynette. I found your blog. I'm glad you really enjoyed the camp. I was afraid at first when planning, that you or your friend Amanda may felt left out. But hey... I'm sure you didn't. Glad you took the time to know Lydia too. She's a great girl.

Interested to be part of Royal Rangers? (This is a serious question, btw).

Honestly, I'm really glad to have heard your testimony. Thanks for sharing.

Hope to see you this Sat for dinner :) *winks*