Monday, January 19, 2009

Me is back!!!!!

Super cool t-shirts!!!! get it??

Dance practice

Everyone feed the penguin!!!


They were bored...hehe


Made my bed before we left..not bad huh??


Spot my bright, awesome pillow??


Sarah and Me


Just came back from 'step up' camp organized by pjefc yesterday. It was a long, tiring two weeks and I miss it already. The schedule was quite packed. Drank lots of coffee haha. Sweets had no effect on me anymore. One thing i love about this camp is that i got to enjoy sports!!!! it's been a long time since i had the chance to play to the max. I really looked forward to games time. We played captain ball,football,ultimate frisbee and basketball. Lots and lots of fun haha!! it was my first time learning how to throw a frisbee right and its pretty cool!!
The first day, i found out that there were only 4/16 people who were my age, the rest were 20yrs-24yrs....haha they would kill me if they saw this..oh well =)....they were really fun to be with. Now that i'm back here,i realize that though they were funny and crazy, they were mature in some way compared to my friends here. I have no regrets getting to know them and actually looking forward to seeing them more often!! it's like having big jie jie and gor gor around hahaha..
Oh and there were two days where we had to go to a mall to witness to random people about the gospel(saturday-jusco and wednesday-parkson). At first i was " WHAAAAT????" haha. When i got to camp,the pastor paired us up and i got paired with a girl named Grace. She's 22yrs 'young' and she could speak mandarin(really important). The first day, we had approaches. First was an elderly lady who was sitting on a bench alone. When she saw my friend and i and when we started talking to her,asking some questions like "Are you waiting for someone?" **typical line**, she had a disturbed expression on her face. Grace tried some questions, then the lady got up and walked away briskly. Yes,our first try wasn't a very pleasent one. We got quite scared so we walked abit to another bench to sit hoping someone would come to us instead. After awhile,i turned ans saw Grace having a conversation to this elderly lady holding a few months old baby. The baby had round, fat cheeks!!! oh no,i forgot the name of the baby =(...anyway,the lady handed the baby to Grace willingly. I tried making silly faces to prevent the baby from crying and it was so good to see the little baby smiling!!!! my goodness, that made our day. Then,as we were still paying attention to the baby,the family came. Grace and i didn't get to share the gospel but it was a good experience, like warming up by just making friends. God let us have that time. He knew our first hadn't gone well and sent this little baby to make us happy!!! we were smiling as we said 'thank you' and walked on. And oh, i managed to speak simple mandarin yay!!! The third approach was to two indian girls who were waiting for their friends in a shop. My friend and i had a great conversation with them about studies and courses. Just as I was about to bring a topic on christianity, their friends came out...sigh. Guess i was a good experience too, but it felt wasted cause we were almost there!!! haha. Our last approach was all Grace's. I stopped by a small store to buy rubberband that looked like telephone wires. haha it was cool!!! so my friend took the opportunity to talk to the girl at the store. I didn't do anything cause for one thing, i could not evangelize in mandarin hahahaha....so i walked to a few shops while waiting for her, and praying things would go well. And it did. Grace got to spend time with her and gave some tracks to her and exchanged numbers. We were glad we accomplished something. It was pretty exciting and i actually looked forward to the next trip the next wednesday.
Then, wednesday was the day i felt i was flying high!!!! ahahahaha...Grace was busy talking to some chinese men who persuaded her to buy some jade stuff for her family. So,to 'silence' them to have a chance to talk,she bought some. Then i wasn't being useful there so i walked on my own and started praying. After a while, i saw an indian girl sitting alone on a bench. I walked pass her and mumbled a few words of prayer of courage. Then i smiled and said to her "Are you waiting for someone??" **like i said,typical line** and she actually said yes!! haha. So i sat next to her and told her i was waiting for someone too ((which wasn't a lie)). We talked about careers. She's the same age and wants to study biological science in melaka ((wow))...she was in parkson working part time and only given RM3.50 per hour. After some time,i talked to her about my school, run by christians. I asked her of she's been to church and about her religion. Her dad is a muslim whereas her mum was a hindu. Because of their marrige, her mum had to convert to islam. My new friend, Reenah didn't like her school that much. She said her Malay friends instructed her to never change her religion. Reenah is a very open-minded girl and i'm glad i met her. She mentioned about some things she coundn't understand about hinduism and islam. She is still searching for a Real God to prove to her His existence. I told her that she could ask God to show her if He was real. I told her that she could always go to God whenever, wherever. She accepted my words her response encouraged me. I shared a testimony of my bro. She seemed to get it. The funny part during this conversation was that i saw a few of my friends walk pass and gave eye contact. They gave me the "all the best" and "wow!" look. hahaha. Reenah then said she was hungry. At that moment i thought she was going to leave already. Instead,to my surprise, she invited me to go with her to grab a bite to eat and so we walked and talked. Again,i walked past some friends. I couldn't help but laugh under my breath. One of my friends was sitting on the floor leaning on the bench which some sat on,watching me as i walked pass. Scary. Hope they were praying though.
As we arrived at the food court, she told me the kaya balls here were good so she bought some to eat. She didn't let me pay due to the reason i was from KL. It was RM1 for 7pieces...super cheap haha. So we talked somemore while we ate. I gave her a WHY JESUS book. She very willingly took it and told me she'll have a look at it. I was so happy!!!! After an hour+, it was almost time to meet up so we said our goodbyes and thank yous...we talked like we've been friends for a long time and we told each other we were glad to have met that day. I was bursting with excitement when i met up with ps choon meow. My gleam on my face couldn't be hidden. Everyone knew my sharing went well but i told them i'll only share about it that night. for that one time,they wanted to hear from me. I was really happy. Most importantly,i knew God was there all along. The words that came out, the understanding between her and me, everything went smoothly. I was sooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: