Monday, January 26, 2009

CNY!!!



For the past two days, reunion dinner with family. Sunday night, steamboat...with Dad's brother's family. Monday night, chinese dinner in my mum's, mum's house..got?? haha..with my aunty from hong kong...cute lil' cousins!!!! haha...okay so sunday night went perfectly well other than my mum forgetting the prawns. Monday however was....more tensing. In the morning, we went to my aunty's place in section 17 where my aunty from hong kong stayed. The kids were swimming under the hot sun for hours...which they ended up getting burnt...my mum and both my aunts were in a conversation which somehow led to an argument. My eldest aunty said something like 'its the church's fault that david(my uncle) got his priorities all wrong'. That's what ticked my mum off. sigh. My other aunty, forth in the family was the peacemaker at that time, who didn't raise her voice.
Anyway, enough of that, in the evening, w all went to my grandma's house for dinner. Again, my eldest aunty got mad cause she hit her head on the gate cause she had to bend down to go through. My poor uncle got the blame for not opening the automatic gate. This time, my dad tried to gesture to my uncle to calm down. poor him. I wispered a soft prayer....sigh sometimes i think my aunts got really high expectations due to their lifestyle. Even i, feel that i never get their approval sometimes...well...a lot. The good part is that my lil' cousins are the ones i look forward to spending time with. They smile a lot, and not put pressure on me. I don't mind them asking me to get hings for them cause at least i don't feel offended in some way...so in my grandma's house we watched madagascar 2 and tinkerbell...while waiting for adults to be done...haha..
Parents and bro, and maid left for penang today...my sis and i are home alone for 3 days...oh well. Hope everything will be okay.

No comments: