Friday, November 19, 2010

Grinning Friday

I had a fun friday! 

Skipping class for children's day at peter&jane was a wise choice. Definitely. So much fun seeing Again, their amazing and prettiest outfits! Beautiful, colourful dresses with angel wings, some of the girls had. Boys with handsome hairstyles and interesting outfits such as Spiderman and army outfits. Boy, the amount of food there was...fuuuhh. One child's parent brought three boxes of wondermilk cupcakes!!!! and individual ones for the teachers. WAAHHH! And the amount of junk food the children brought home in their party packs were heavenly to them. I will miss them. sigh. 

Nearing the end of school, the children gathered at the assembly hall for games and songs. As i walked there, i heard children singing in unison "...baby baby baby oooohhh, like baby baby baby noooo..." I was pretty surprised. Kindi kiddos singing this song??!! Of all the awesome and educational songs I've heard them sing. hahaha. Kids nowadays eh? 

Ash went back to visit. Soon the teachers were talking about how she was last time and how she's grown....we joined the teachers for a yummy lunch before going home, looking forward to more exciting moments awaiting me!

So yes, i got home and felt very excited. Like a lil' girl awaiting her present. haha. Nicole just got back a week ago! So when everyone came, we did some catching up, sang Su a belated birthday song, had cake and started google-ing and youtube-ing for ideas on make up and hair. haha. There were interesting, impossible, and crazy ideas. We watched a video on how to use a hair straightener to make curls. It looked easy. But we failed. haha. 

Choco and tiramisu!!!! 


Nicole became the guinea pig/lab rat. Sounds mean? well she enjoyed it, i'm sure. =) Get to ban leng!

Sadly, Su and manda had to leave early..*sniff sniff*.

Double eyelid stickers? failed on me. haha. Esther then applied a thicker layer of eyeliner on me. Which turned out, me looking just like her! 

Big big eyes

I love my friends. Oh sho much!! God is awesome! Prom was at a pretty perfect timing. Jas and manda just finished their mocks, esther managed to come after her M'sian studies paper (no like you!), Su just finished SAM and Cole is back from Aus!!! The best part was the preparation. I felt like it was my birthday again. To be so blessed with friends who don't stay nearby to come to my place for hours to do me up for an event they won't even be attending. How i wish i could bring them along and put them in my lil' bag just like Mary Poppins.

So, i got an interesting hairstyle with cold hairspray all over. Esther said my hair was TOO SMOOTH. Such a compliment. haha. There were not enough bobby pins. And the curls didnt turn out the way it should have been. Su and Esther worked on my eyes *blink blink*. Spent 80% of make up time on it. Just the eyes..goodness. Truly is a tedious job but with the artist around, it turned out amazing. Thank you S-ther!!! hehe. 

Lastly, Jas, Esther and Nicole picked out the accessories. Seriously, i didn't need to do anything the whole time! Except for closing my eyes, looking at certain angles, and not blinking.

Oh, God is amazing again because I just found out a day before that Priscilla had BLACK SATIN GLOVES!!!!!! she even dropped by to pass it to me at 8am today. I am So loved. Yes. haha. At least SO much for today. *smiles*

Prom night. Reached pretty late but i wasn't. Phew! and one more thing to thank God for is...dad didn't make a fuss. When i couldn't follow Su home, he said he would send me. I was so glad he didn't say much about going for prom and what i was gonna do there and why i didn't bring a shawl. I guess it's God's grace again, for me to have a good time for the night. 

As always, we took pictures and more pictures. I can't believe that this many of my friends wouldn't be around next year. But I shall not worry about that now. hehe.

Let's see...Being in a long dress wasn't easy. Lifting it up to avoid getting it wet or stepped on and walking nicely. haha. A friend once mentioned about teaching me how to be graceful and poised. Would have been hilarious. Anyways, i did enjoy myself. The music at the end was nice and people dancing in pairs. That's what prom should have, no? The only sad thing was that we started pretty late and the hall cleared out pretty fast when it ended. 

I got home really late. Too late. God, thank you for your grace that daddy didn't lecture me about it and that i got home safe and sound. Thank you for awesome friends who stay so far away but drive me home anyway.

I had a great day and i shall go to bed tonight with a grin on my face, recalling the unforgettable and happy moments i had. All thanks to my Daddy in heaven who loves me and assures me that.................................

          I AM LOVED.


Girls, you know who you are...Thank you sooo much. Your effort, time, energy and love. I could say this all day for days, months and maybe years to come. When we do this again. In future. Yes Jas?? *wink wink*  We Will do more catching up! Soon! 

No comments: