Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We gonna do stunts! Jason showed us a few like they were so easy, as he said so.
I would really really love to do ALL that.

So he taught us how to do the 'baby freeze'. The guys were given no choice to do the 'chair freeze'. Oh poor them. But it looks pretty cool!!! Now, I don't have to do the 'shoulder freeze' cos it hurts like crazy. I am proud of my self for accomplishing the baby freeze in a couple of hours. After so many bad landings, bruises, failed attempts.......I have gotten it. I found my spot! Now, just have to Pray that everyone including me, will be able to FREEZE for a couple of seconds. Really really hope so.

Sunday's rehearsal came with discouraging comments. But I'm glad and so proud that everyone made it a point to push for more. Yesterday's practice was very technical, but productive! Performance is this sunday!!! *deep breaths* I'm not sure if I feel excited about moving into the new building or that I'm just nervous about how the performance is gonna turn out at a new stage, new flooring and new Everything!

There's this feeling deep down that I may not be doing the right thing. On what basis? Being too contemporary for the congregation. Like I'm a rebel or something. I don't have any evil intentions, just excitement to do a dance I (and others) enjoy. The opportunity to let the youths do moves they're really good at and hopefully break a few mindsets, especially during this event of 'Moving up'.

No comments: