Monday, August 8, 2011

Dum dum tak!

I can't believe it is already over!!!! One month of dance stress has passed. The excitement of moving into a new building has happened! Woohoo!

The performance was great. Though the biggest mistake made, was made. But it was an awesome time. To be on stage, with people I hardly know, doing a hip hop routine under a choreographer who we enjoyed having too. Come to think of it, this is probably one of the last performances I will get to do before I go to aus. sigh.

The lights were great, there were no technical errors and all of us had so much fun. After one upsetting rehearsal the week before, we managed to perform with so much 'umph', and we got good feedback. That sunday was our turning point. Really thank God we cleaned up the mess together as youths of Grace Assembly. Wasn't easy to push people considering I wasn't much of a 'Leader' in uth. But God answered my prayer. He gave me an opportunity to take charge of something I had a passion for. Like Lydia said, it isn't so much of our destination but our journey there. Those were tough weeks having to attend practices for this and ghm. Most importantly, to show that I am dedicated to each and not neglect either one. =)

The procession under GHM was amazing too. Though I almost tripped on my skirt =( and bumped the crown into my brother's, it felt so amazing to be up there and to feel the awe. The sound of tambourines filled the entire place and with banners and strimmers. Looking at every child to adult in different attires dancing to that beautiful song felt really majestic. Plus, it was my first time wearing the 'bride' attire. I've never worn a tiara! And I've realized how difficult it is to keep one on one's head. haha.
I grew up in this ministry, and I'm proud to be able to lead others, as how I was taught. Uncle has always been like a second father to me. Encouraging me, joking around with me, giving me opportunities, making me feel special just like how he treats his children. For this, I am so blessed.

As always, there's picture time after performances. And since we all had interesting roles, the outfits we had on were so interesting! The pictures looked hilarious. I personally had a great time being a character I had no idea how to play. Rushing to change from the previous outfit was tough. Safety pins and hair pins...what an experience. The 'nerdy' outfit took me ages to decide on. In the end, I decided to wear overalls which made me look fat, stunted and plain silly. Plus, I realized at the last minute behind stage that doing the 'baby freeze' in that was very restricting. The safety pin popped! Glad it went well on stage, yes. Phew!


Right now, I am so tired yet excited for what's happened tonight. Thank you God for an amazing night with people.




Couldn't have done it without Lydia

No comments: