Sunday, September 12, 2010

R.E.S.T.

(most pictures by Annora Ong) I don't mean to 'steal' them okay. If you think they're awesome, they're HERS.  







Retreat was awesome. I wasn't satisfied with some things but i'm sure everything happened as God intended it to be. Also, i decided on my definition of REST at that moment : To know God has forgiven and i can let go.  =)

The games were fun. Though the water was murky, shampoo-ing hair outside a bathroom, flour AGAIN. Mess mess but a whole lotta fun. 

Awesome people know how to have fun!

Campers were diverse compared to last year. Interesting. Hopefully these people from everywhere will pull others from all over. The vision Joel had was WOW. It makes me excited to know that more cups will be filled. More and more. 

Water captain ball was FUN! Been too long since i played sports seriously. 2 hours in the pool laughing and splashing was just the best way to spend a non-sunny evening. The cool water, the noise as we scream constantly, Warren's endless diving and the nonsense-ness that go with it was just unexplainable fun. If i could do that every weekend and experience the same joy, i would love to. 

Time flies. Last year i was a 'newbie' and Joyce said that we're seniors this year already. I love CF people lah. I had so much fun. Most of the time, i thought, "Who cares if i had things to find rest in when people around me bring so much overflowing joy??". I did have my upset thoughts and reflections but everything just flies out the window with those people around. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I wish camps dont have to be so expensive and we can go more often!! haha  



My mortal and fun night partner and angel were awesome. Well, 'fun' at least. Jenn ming is the most happening mortal ever. Fed him too much chocolate that he had to exercise, muahaha. It was so much fun. Helped balance out since i didn't have the most 'LOVING' angel. haha.  

Fun night



I waited super long for my fun night date lorrr...was the last (not counting the emcees). Well at least i stood under the aircond longer. My Pyjama outfit was hot (as in a jacket,hot).    
Anyways, i didn't expect to have dinner with...
ALVIIIIIIN!!!!
(yeah i said that when i saw him)

His pyjamas was super cute lah..And, as gentleman as always, made me feel like a spoilt girl throughout dinner. I said a lot of "Yes, please", "okay, thank you" and *nodding of head*. My table was fun. Jarren and James had emcees as their 'dates' so the girls were rushing one another to eat. Super funny. When they left to emcee, James started to enjoy eating slower and Jarren had to finish what Chow Ern couldn't...what a scene! Like some movies when wives rush around and the men just lay back. hahahaha. Anyways, alvin signed everything on my checklist though i didnt accomplish everything. I felt bad that i did it all in front of him. hahaha. Good excuse to so it wasn't that embarrassing. phew. Awesome lah..i enjoyed the moment of being served. 

Girl's checklist :
1. Ruffle 2 guy's hair
2. Curtsy
3. Flutter eyelashes
4. Giggle uncontrollably
5. Flip hair and blow kiss

Nonsense right?? and guys got easier stuffs. 

James choong.*smacks forehead*. I felt like a lil' sacrificial lamb that God must be laughing down at. Before camp we were talking about Guardian Angel and he said he doesn't see the purpose or fun in it and that angels were not supposed to do this and that, so i told him that i would pity his mortal and begged him to be nice to whichever girl he gets. And i clapped my hands together and said "Please God, not me lah...don't la don't la" and i told him hopefully i wouldn't get him with lots of pleaseSSSS. 
AND I COULDN'T BELIVE IT. my jaw dropped. He was my angel. Noooooooo!!!! instead of flooding me with nice stuffs, he was just playfully mean saying his angel said to flick my ear 30 times. Thus, i felt like a sacrificial lamb. If it wasn't me, i would really pity the poor girl. sigh. oh well. Too much of being spoilt wouldn't be a good thing yes? (yeah I'm using a defense mechanism). It was fun having to be in his group though, super syok sendiri. Bet he could have done the whole skit on his own and still win first place. Good job lah! 

Berbonding with music session was awesome. I've always enjoyed these. In school, church and camps. Really really enjoyed it. Time just flied too fast and the night was going by too quickly. A camp without awesome musicians and syok sendiri people would be boring. 

Of course, reflection times. Given the instruction to think and reflect. And group sharing. One thing i like about this retreat, though it was only a short 3 days, we spent a lot of time with our groups. Discussions, devotion, games, and more discussion. I think it's the best way to really get to know one another in a short period of time. Sharing thoughts and opinions and praying for one another. That's comfort already. Glad that Jarren was in my group too. Got to catch up with him after all these years. God lets me meet people in interesting ways. He made an effort to come for camp though he only knew 1 0r 2 people. Claps. 
The One fact he remembered about me : A LEFT-EEEE!!!! 


At last.......


Camp commander!!! YOU DA MAN!!!

Camp committee, Good job! It's crazy planning for one but they did it! Woo hoo!!! No committee is ever perfect but God has always something new for everyone.  =) 


P.S. Buy the JELL-O cream!!!! 
To clear pimples

Group JELL-O




No comments: