Saturday, December 26, 2009

In a blink of an eye....

Christmas is over.

Just like that...

'Everlasting night' on the 24th was great!!! The colours, the ambiance, the people, the music, the jokes, the dance, the singing. Not everything went perfectly as we hoped but it doesn't matter. We all put in our effort =). Thank God the accidents weren't that serious. At least to a certain extend. I think whenever i make mistakes is because maybe, just maybe, God wants me to focus on Him again and fall back into a humble state. I realize that a lot. Things that happen that night : my belt pin came off while playing around with friends, my front pin on attire came off probably during worship since my friend realized it after (i'm glad i didn't earlier cause i really enjoyed the dance and it felt soo peaceful and that would save me from being too conscious about the people staring), my 'CAPE' as a friend called it actually got tangled to a stroller which cause me to jerk...ah that was soo not cool....it scared me. And i practically tripped on my too-long skirt while getting up from sitting down. Man i felt like i had all the accidents. terrible. But all in all, it was alright. I managed to pull through...clumsy me...pfft.


haha! For the fun of it! And see?? obvious how it can get caught anywhere. =)


Surprise!! Shok chen came with Pei chern and Victor!!! haha i wondered what would they think seeing the attire we wore. Not something you see anywhere for dances. haha. But i'm glad they did. Somehow i really hoped that events like this would become opportunities to all those out there who want to have a glimpse of what church events are like. Meeting new friends or just simply enjoying the fellowship.


Sad, the turkey is so far away

On Christmas day, My siblings and i went to aunt's place for LUNCH. Which we had at 5.30pm when we actually reached there at 3pm. haha. It was awesome food!!! though the company was erm...oh well..hehe...We enjoy popping crackers and of course, took pictures to past time.




 
Awesome couch eh??

See this?? it's not an orange voodoo okay?? It's cinnamon poked into the orange. Part of the recipe to make a warm kinda wine. Which the THREE of us drank. Man..it was HOT..


For dinner, Shok Chen and I went to colin's house for a christmas dinner. Again, the company. haha..But i got to talk to Colin a lil' more at least. Was surprised on how much he's grown. haha..
So that was what i did for christmas. Not the best, but different..=)

Sometimes, like this year....i feel that Christmas wasn't so much of a hyped up passion thing. I was excited about it but to me, the things and events didn't so much. Shopping with mum definitely yes. But....maybe because my parents weren't around for christmas, or maybe because i was Involved in the presentation and not those actually watching and getting surprised or maybe because there wasn't much of a christmas message or sermon. I'm not sure. It just seems thin to me this year. My siblings were saying that they got less presents this year. haha. Well i guess i feel something like that too. At home, there's nothing held here this year and so the christmas tree isn't as lively as it has ALWAYS been. The deco isn't much and i haven't really sat down to arrange the gifts under the tree. So different this year...partly due to the reason i've shifted and can't seem to find the ornaments. 

There, i think i let it all out already....been having that sorta thought. 

Nevertheless, Christmas was christmas. 
I told a friend after having a sudden thought of the name. CHRISTMAS...or christ-mas. It was a pretty name for an event...that's what i think. Not a name like, Chinese New Year or Hari Raya or Easter even. It just sounds like a beautiful word. And i love it. hmmm. And i'm sad it had just left like that. 

Right now, i'm waiting for my parents to return after dinner. The presents are still under the tree waiting to be released. About presents, i told my mum i was upset when i knew what i will be getting. When we went shopping, certain things my mum said she would wrap as presents. Of course i agreed because no way i would take them as shopping items out of the blue only. As she paid at the counter, i moaned saying it wasn't fun that i knew already. I just didn't like it. I liked surprises, i liked to be shown something i didn't expect. But then, my mum said "at least they are things you know you need." Which was true but i guess it's just kinda, UN-fun already. oh well, There's ONE present by Ash and Mum that i have no idea what it is. Which i shall find out tonight!!!!! yays!!!!  

I'm so blessed with friends who think of me...AWWWW ...hahahahahaha!!! But really. And the effort just to find something to give for any reason at all. The wrapping, or even a D.I.Y. card which i love so much everytime i get them. The writing, the colours and the meaning.  Love you all!!!!

So here's the end end....it's boxing day. A day after christmas. Tomorrow would just be another day...january is coming. College. And what have i accomplished????  *deep breath*  

No comments: