Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm done.

As I listened to boyce avenue's acoustic covers today I've realized even more how much I miss 'wasting time' on my piano or strumming a guitar to my own way. I miss playing a string of chords 'just because it sounds beautiful' and I miss having my thoughts run about as I play melodies that just go on and on on the keys of my piano. Sure they're not at a level of amazing or perfect but that's just how I like to spend my alone time. Just bumming with sounds that my mind and heart creates. Not bothered about people's expectations of me or rehearsing over and over again a piece I cannot perfect as I panic and get frustrated when I play the same mistakes repeatedly.

A friend posted about a note on how she's been an amazing blessing being a volunteer to teach music to Sudanese children who want to play music so badly. Even if there was just one student,that made her day. And it got me thinking..."lynn, you don't have to be who people expect you to be even if its out of their good intentions for you". There's a reason I'm doing what I'm doing and yes it is going to be tough and the competition out there is so great and 'everyone's doing it nowadays' BUT, there's a God out there who will open the Right door for me.

Uni starts next week!!!!! Year 3 here I come. *deep breaths*

No comments: