Sunday, May 22, 2011

GHM getaway




After 2 years of no camp, we're back again at Golden Sands! Feels like we were there just a couple of months ago.
That place will always feel like a comfy place to be. More outdoors than indoors. I love being there to enjoy the beach, nice places for morning devos and pretty flowers. hehe.

Such a wonderful coincidence that our camp theme was...
"SHINE like STARS"

What a great theme...CF and now GHM. Anywways, though there weren't as many people this round, it still was a good time. Made new friends, played fun games, drank lotsa coffee, kick the sand, enjoyed looking out at the horizon and of course, taking tons of pictures to my heart's content. Kevan's camera was super chun. Awesome moments caught for long term memories.

As tradition, we always had the memo pad writings. At I think that these are the best things to bring home. Handwritten notes directly for me. Shows how real I am in the view of others. They always bring smiles to my face and I thank God for the opportunity to know these people. As I read them at the dining table during dinner, I could feel myself smiling so wide. Even the simplest words of a 11 year old touched my heart.


Playing the piano for over and hour to songs and chords from the top of my head was also a challenge to me. I realized how I could worship God in this way. I hear people singing praises to God while I just play, following their tune. It was a beautiful moment to be drowned in. I wasn't sure what they were listening to or how they felt about the music but I think God was blessing me through them. Of always feeling insecure, He gave me a chance to be brave and I'm thankful I allowed myself to try. Uncle, Winny, Aunty Kim, Aunty Penny and my friends were supportive and encouraging. When I had to do it the second time, I felt more than happy to because I was able to be an instrument to help lead God's people into a time of worship and praising God. They didn't mind my mistakes or when I struggled to find the chords they were singing to.

Uncle gave an illustration about a pear tree who wanted to keep more for itself instead of having more fruits taken away. He talked about whether it mattered that we have little or more, what we should do with what we have. Be it 1 talent or 100.

Then we broke into groups and did a lil' activity. We were told to take a piece of paper randomly and then share about how it relates to us. Mine was HILL. Each of us took turns; Board, movie, ship, honey, flower, fish, gate, world, film, gaze, see.....etc. When we finished, we were then told that there's a common thing that all these words shared. The word 'STAR'. It was a super hung thing. After sharing about what hill meant to me, the star made it an amazing word. It made total sense to me as I was really taken back by the thought.









What an amazing time of rest during this getaway. Thank you God for your blessings and awesome humor as well.

No comments: